Press Releases

  • New report outlines the top 18 trends that will affect retail this year January 11, 2018NEW YORK (January 11, 2018) – More than ever before, spoiled shoppers will want more, want it their way and want it now in 2018. That desire should further splinter consumer spending and favor retailers with strong identities, as well […]

  • FGRT's Managing Director ranks No. 2 on list of 100 most influential analysts, consultants and journalists worldwide December 19, 2017NEW YORK (December 19, 2017) – The honors keep coming in for Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director of global think tank FGRT (formerly Fung Global Retail & Technology). The retail analyst and startup advisor has been named the […]

  • FGRT's Managing Director cited as one of the "10 must-know professionals weighing in on retail's rapidly changing landscape" December 14, 2017NEW YORK (December 14, 2017) – Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director of global think tank FGRT (formerly Fung Global Retail & Technology) and an award-winning retail analyst, has been named a “Top Voice 2017: Retail” by […]

Press Coverage

  • Retail Dive

    "We do not see this move as an indication that Amazon may buy Best Buy," John Mercer, senior analyst at retail think tank Coresight Research (formerly Fung Global Retail & Technology), told Retail Dive in an email on any merger possibility, adding that it more closely resembles Amazon's deal to sell Echo devices and take returns through Kohl's stores. "The deal appears to be more about Amazon as an owner of technology brands than as a retailer, and it suggests that Amazon sees distribution through brick-and-mortar stores as important for its technology brands."

  • Tech Crunch

    According to analysis from Coresight Research, nearly 14 percent of listings on the U.S. Amazon Fashion site are from Amazon itself, while third-party sellers account for the remaining 86 percent.

  • Food Dive

    Amazon is the most popular destination for online grocery shopping, but Walmart sees larger orders and a higher percentage of customers who buy fresh and frozen foods from its site, according to a survey by Coresight Research. Out of the nearly 2,000 consumers Coresight polled last month, 59% said they had bought groceries from Amazon during the past year, compared to just 26% who said they’d purchased them from Walmart.

PR contact:
Ivan Ivanov
Head of Marketing and Communications
ivanivanov@fgrtmail.com