- The majority of US consumers have purchased apparel both online and offline, however, brick-and-mortar is still the dominant transaction channel.
- In fact, US consumers’ attitude towards fashion and their purchase behavior has changed little over the past five years.
- We expect brick-and-mortar to remain the dominant store format for US apparel and footwear retail in the near future.
- As retailers have shifted their budgets to digital advertising, the influence of all major media channels has decreased in the past five years, except for social media and mobile video.
- Among millennials, the influence of social media on apparel purchases is on par with traditional media like TV and magazines.