Fung Global Retail & Technology, Prosper To Issue Amazon Analyses
Fung Global Retail & Technology and Prosper Insights & Analytics Expand Strategic Alliance to Include Amazon Shopper Intelligence Service
November 18, 2016
Columbus, Ohio and New York – Prosper Insights & Analytics™, a leading provider of business intelligence solutions, and international think tank Fung Global Retail & Technology announced today that they have expanded their strategic alliance to include a co-branded Amazon Shopper Intelligence Service. This unique service not only provides essential insights missing from most retailers’ loyalty data, including encroachment by Amazon along with the reasons why, but also special analysis by Fung Global Retail & Technology to help retailers and investors understand the Amazon threat.
The Amazon Shopper Intelligence Service combines Fung Global Retail & Technology analysis and commentary side-by-side with input of thousands of U.S. shoppers from Prosper. It includes:
- More than 10 years of data on Amazon and Amazon Prime shoppers as well as leading retailers’ shoppers
- Prosper Shopper Preference Share (indicates how Amazon is growing as a preferred retailer for 11 different merchandise categories and the reasons why)
- Retail positioning maps (plot retailers and their competitors based on the percentage of their shoppers who shop there for particular reasons)
- Net Promoter Scores*
- Key demographics
- Expert analysis such as:
- “The Amazon Shopper Preference Index reading dropped from 1 point in October to 50.2 from the its second highest reading reached in September 2016, while continuing to exhibit robust year-over-year gains, up 22 percent from the 41.1 reading in October 2015. Five years ago, in October 2011, this composite Shopper Preference Index stood at 11.8, a fraction of today’s 50.2. This is a testament to Amazon’s expansion and penetration in hardlines, and more recently in softlines and staples, as well as the success of Amazon Prime membership growth.”
- “Fung Global Retail & Technology looked at mid-priced women’s apparel retailers to see what inroads Amazon’s fashion offering is making among this competitive set. On a year-over-year basis, both Amazon and Macy’s have gained mind share: Amazon from a rather low base of 1.1% in October 2015, to 1.7 percent in October 2016, and Macy’s, from 9.3 percent to 9.7 percent. Amazon is growing faster and, it would appear, taking market share from Gap, JCPenney and Kohl’s. Each lost 10-20 basis points year-over-year, though Kohl’s remains a strong #1, with 12.2 percent of women shopping for apparel, shopping at Kohl’s.”
Data will be updated every month and new analysis is added weekly. Alerts are also available and can be delivered to your laptop, smartphone or tablet as soon as new data becomes available.
“Amazon has remade the retail industry – but it’s not without its challengers, too,” said Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director of Fung Global Retail & Technology. “I’m excited to work with Prosper to understand how the retail landscape will continue to evolve in reaction to Amazon’s innovation and growth.”
To access the complimentary 30-day trial and a special report, “Footwear Poised to Grow at 4 Times the Rate of Apparel Through 2020,” please visit here.
For Fung Global Retail & Technology
Debra Hazel Communications
For Prosper Insights & Analytics
Client Services and Marketing Director
About Fung Global Retail & Technology
Fung Global Retail & Technology is a think tank whose research team, based in New York, London and Hong Kong, follows emerging retail and tech trends, specializing in the ways retail and technology intersect, and in building collaborative communities.
The team, led by Deborah Weinswig, former top Wall Street and retail tech analyst and startup advisor, publishes ongoing thematic and global market research on topics such as the Internet of Things, digital payments, omni-channel retail, luxury and fashion trends and disruptive technologies. More information can be found at www.FungGlobalRetailTech.com.
About Prosper Insights & Analytics™
Prosper Insights & Analytics provides advanced business intelligence using sophisticated analytical software to examine big datasets and provide answers to executives via its cloud-based InsightCenter™ platform powered by Prosper Technologies. By integrating a variety of data including economic, behavioral and attitudinal data, Prosper Insights & Analytics delivers insights for executive decision making. Further, it is continually identifying unique insights through analytics to enable marketers to make knowledge-based decisions rather than relying on intuition. To learn more: www.ProsperDiscovery.com.
*Net Promoter, NPS and Net Promoter Score are trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company, and Fred Reichheld.